background

Sunday 24 October 2010

Much Stitching Not Much Blogging

Once again apologies for not having blogged for some time but I have been stitching and I hope the photographs in this blog will make up for it. First of all I finished The Wool Gatherer. I wasn't keen on the mats for it so got Chris, my framer, to mount and frame it for me. I am very pleased with the result.



I started the Swiss Alpine Mandala which I am enjoying stitching. This is the first time I have stitched a Chatelaine using all silk. It has been put on the back burner for a bit because I am stitching things for Christmas.



Next up are the teapots. I have managed to keep up with them but there is now a huge snag. I have been stitching away at November only to find out that by mistake JABC had sent the teacup design with the teapot buttons. I am now going to have to unpick a whole pumpkin which was nearly finished so there is no way that November will be started by November because I have to wait for the right chart to come! The teacup designs are totally different from the teapots and I should have realised there was something wrong especially as it says at the top of the chart November Teacup. It just shows you read what you expect to see.



For a bit of fun and because I wanted to stitch something quickly I finished the little Just Nan bunny.



My daughter bought me the Gingerbread House bell pull from Victoria Sampler last Christmas and I have recently completed that. I have still to make it up but that shouldn't take long.



I had treated myself to The Gingerbread Stitching House again from Victoria Sampler and I am enjoying that as well, although I am not looking forward to making it up. I am not sure I can get all the items needed here in England so I think there will be a little experimenting going on.




I have so many lovely things to stitch in my stash it is hard to choose what to stitch when The Gingerbread House is finished. I am torn between The Toy Gatherer, some Drawn Thread Gardens and some Just Nan Christmas small items. I think Just Nan will win because I already have the frames.
I saw a completed Japanese box, Chatelaine, on somebody's blog and that is tempting me to buy the download but I think I had better clear some of my stash first.
We are off to Paris this weekend so I will be taking a small piece of stitching with me, it helps pass the time on the train.
Happy stitching everyone and thank you for calling by.

6 comments:

  1. Lots of great finishes. You have been busy. Hope you have a great time in Paris.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My goodness - what awesome stitching! Love all of your finishes and progress! And yes, I'm with you on that Japanese Box - isn't it gorgeous?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow ....You've made up for not blogging much recently. No wonder...you've put me to shame so many great finishes and beautiful starts. I'll have watch out for you future choices.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your stitching is gorgeous! I love the gingerbread cottage but can't afford it at the moment. I saw one made up and it is really amazing. This is my first visit but I will be back!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow! i`m truly amazed with your lovely work!

    ReplyDelete