background

Thursday 24 June 2010

Anyone for a cup of tea?

Apologies for not having blogged for some time but my photographer has been ill and I am not very good with a camera. The photographs on this blog are taken with my new camera which I have still to get to grips with.
I managed to finish the April teapot just before the end of April so contrary to what I said before I decided to stitch May. ( A woman is entitled to change her mind after all.)



I wonder how many of you guessed what the April teapot was going to be. We can't decide what the May one is, either a waterlily, tulip or magnolia who knows.



The June teapot was finished in excellent time and my daughter mounted and framed it for me. I now have more mounting board so the others will be mounted in time. The plan is to use the same frame but change the picture each month. I wouldn't have room to display them all at the same time.




I have done some more work on the Wool Gatherer and love the pastel colours which I know are not every body's favourite. I found that the design on the mini swag, for want of a better name, at the bottom is not symmetrical. Mine will be. I hope to finish the whole thing by the end of June. I have the Alpine Garden, Chatelaine Designs, just waiting with all threads, beads and fabric ready to go.




I have made a start on the next Christmas ornaments for Yoyo's SAL. I decided to start with the dove, not too much stitching.
You know how you are advised to read all instructions first well guess who didn't? Having merrily cross stitched away with pale grey I noticed that there were different symbols for different stitches. My cross stitching with two threads should have been half cross stitching with one thread. Reverse stitching was necessary. Then I could hardly make out where the half cross stitches were because of the colour of the thread against the fabric. Lesson learnt read all instructions first. This half cross stitch raises a question do you do the first half of the stitch or the second? The instructions said the first but I thought it would look better with the second. I wonder what everyone else thinks about this? I haven't stitched enough for a photograph yet and I am rather worried about Yoyo.
I have also done a little on my UFO see blog I've started so I'll finish eventually.
Progress on this is going to be s...l....o....w.

Because of illness we have had to cancel our holidays for the early part of the year but this has meant we are able to enjoy our garden so I have include a few pics to show an English garden in June when ours is at its best.










Happy stitching every one. Thanks for calling by.

7 comments:

  1. Lovely pieces!! I would have to say that May's is the waterlily, simply because the birth flower for May is the Lily. I am also a bit worried about Yoyo. She has been away far too long!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great stitching. Your 'Teapots' are very interesting---think it's a waterlily.. Seeing more of the teapots will be something to look out for. Tye 'Wool gatherer' is certainly coming along. I tend to go for the bright colours but think it looks lovely.

    Your garden looks incredible (possibly green with envy) such a variety of plants and trees. Bet it's a haven for birds.

    Sorry about the hols. But what a garden to enjoy. Take care and happy stitching and garden lounging to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have been a busy stitcher! and gardener! How lovely everything is in the garden, and your finished pieces are charming :)
    The "gatherer's" are my favorite SB pieces, and your's is coming along beautifully

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post! Love the teapots and the photos of the garen are fasntasitc. What are you going to delight us with next I wonder!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely finishes & such a pretty garden.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful stitching! Sorry about the reverse stitching! Your garden is just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderfull garden to stitch in, and your stitched pieces are lovely aswell.

    ReplyDelete